1876 – St. Georges Church, Tufnell Park, London

Architect: George Trufitt

0084

The design of the former St. Georges Church in Tufnell Park Road is based on a medieval church in Salonica. In the 1970’s the church was sold and a new church by Clive Alexander was built in 1974, almost opposite the old. The old building then became a perfect space for a dedicated Shakespearean Theatre, which closed some 25 years later and has now been bought and completely renovated by a Nigerian based church called The Rock Tower.

Latest News

September 26, 2016: ‘Sustaining the Industrial Heritage” – Annual Maura Shaffrey Memorial Lecture
September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com