Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1878 – Corner Premises, Newgate & King Edward Street, London

Architect: James W. James

0253

From The Building News: “This conspicuous building is now in course of erection on a commanding site at the corner of Newgate-street and King Edward-street. The building was designed by Mr. James W. James, of 5, Adelaide-place, London-bridge, and is intended as a banking-house, or to have the ground floor divided into shops; the upper floors are arranged as offices. The works are being carried out by Messrs. Braid and Co., of Manor-street, Chelsea. The building is constructed of thin red bricks (five courses to a foot) and red Dumfries stone.”