Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1878 – Laurier House, Ottawa, Ontario

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

laurier_house_lge

Located in a quiet residential neighbourhood close to Parliament Hill, Laurier House is a National Historic Site. It was built in 1878 in the Second Empire Style, popular in North America at the time for public buildings and houses. Laurier House was home to two prominent Canadian Prime Ministers — Sir Wilfrid Laurier and William Lyon Mackenzie King.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

Read previous post:
1877 – St Alban’s Anglican Church, Ottawa, Ontario

Architect: Thomas Fuller Ottawa's oldest surviving church building and was designed by Thomas Fuller, who also designed Canada's original Parliament...

Close