1878 – Offices, Grey Friars, Leicester, Leicestershire
“The illustration is taken from the drawing in this year’s Royal Academy Exhibition. The front wall to ground-floor story is faced with Kitton stone, the upper stories are faced with thin red Surry bricks, and the gable walls are covered with rough plastering. The window frames throughout are of red deal with oak mouldings, the upper windows being built out as bays to obtain a side light at the end of the desks. The roof is covered with strawberry- coloured tiles from the works of Mr. G. W. Lewis, of Broseley. Mr. Isaac Barradale, of Leicester, is the architect.” Published in The Building News, September 13 1878.