1878 – St. Frideswide, Osney, Oxfordshire

Architect: Harry G.W. Drinkwater

0023

From The Building News, September 6 1878: “The illustration shows the proposed design for the completion of the tower of this church, which was built some few years since by the late Mr. Teulon. There is at present a temporary roof on the string-course immediately above the chancel, and it is proposed to add a ringing chamber and belfry. The architect is Mr. H. G. W. Drinkwater, of Oxford, from whose plans the vicarage on the south side has recently been erected.”

Latest News

December 1, 2016: Annual Heritage Angel Awards for Northern Ireland
December 1, 2016: New UAHS book on Young & MacKenzie
November 17, 2016: Winners of the 2016 Wood Awards Ireland are announced


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com