Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr
mythumbnail

1879 – Church, Manningham, Bradford, Yorkshire

Architect: T.H. & F. Healey

0001

Perspective of church for Victor Road, including ground plan as published in The Building News, October 24th 1879. “The church is intended to be built in one of the rapidly-increasing suburbs of Bradford, and will accommodate 7.50 persons, at an estimated cost of £4,000, exclusive of the upper part of the tower. The walling and ashlar work will be of the local stone. The design is by Messrs. T.H. and F. Healey, of Bradford, and was selected in competition. Owing to the depressed state of the Bradford trade, it has been determined to post- pone the erection of the church, and to build a large room upon the south part of the site, which will serve as a schoolroom or lecture-hall when the church is completed.”