Perspective and interior views including ground plan from the The Building News, September 26th 1879. Consecrated in 1882, it is no long in use as a church. “The design was selected in limited competition by Mr. Ferrey, to whom the plans were referred. The whole matter is in abeyance at present for want of funds. Mr. J. Bevan, of Bristol, is the architect.”
A site in Chandos Road was acquired, an iron church erected 1875 and here one of Bristol’s larger Victorian churches rose 1882-9 to the designs of John Bevan. It cost £4149. The stone used is the hard Bristol Pennant with Bath Stone dressings. The church closed circa 1990 and has been converted into living accommodation.