Architect: Leeming & Leeming
Perspective View including ground plan published in The Building News, October 31st 1879. Originally founded in 1585, and called The Free Grammar School of Queen Elizabeth at Heath, and later known more simply as Heath Grammar School. In 1985, it merged with the Crossley and Porter School to form the Crossley Heath School. After the merger, the former Heath building initially housed the combined sixth forms of the two schools. After a couple of years Free School Lane site was passed over to the local authority to become a training centre. The building is listed.