“This church is about to be erected in Manor-street, Clapham-common, and in the parish of Holy Trinity. The walls will be of stock brick, relieved with bands and diapers of red brick. All the arches of doors, windows, and arcade, as well as all strings and labels, will also be of red brick. The roofs, of plain deal, will be covered with blue slates, and it is proposed to make the copings of terra-cotta. The church will be seated with chairs, and will accommodate 600 persons. The church is to be built in sections, a portion of the nave up to the clerestory level being the first. The whole building when finished will have cost 4,500. Mr. J. Edward K. Cutts is the architect.” Perspective View including plans of proposed district church from The Building News, February 7th 1879.