1879 – Memorial in St. Pancras Gardens, London

Architect: George Highton

0296

This memorial sundial, which is a Grade II listed structure, was unveiled in 1879 by Baroness Angela Georgina Burdett-Coutts (1814-1906), a Victorian philanthropist who sought to rid London of its slums. It lists the names of a number of eminent persons buried within St Pancras Gardens. The memorial is constructed of Portland Limestone, marble, granite and Red Mansfield Sandstone.The whole structure is enclosed by cast iron railings with Portland Limestone statues at each corner, one of which is thought to have been modelled on the famous terrier, Greyfriars Bobby.

Latest News

September 26, 2016: ‘Sustaining the Industrial Heritage” – Annual Maura Shaffrey Memorial Lecture
September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com