1876 – New Bank Premises, Sunderland
Built for the National Provincial Bank of England – who operated from 1833 until its merger into the National Westminster Bank in 1970. Designed by bank architect John Gibson who was responsible for over forty branches for the firm, across England and Wales. Like many bank buildings, the structure contained offices and living accommodation. Elevation of new branch proposal published in The Building News, February 14th 1879.