1879 – Willey’s-at-Heath, Kent

Architect: John Robinson


Published in The Building News, November 14 1879: “This is a small house, picturesquely situated on one of the hills overlooking the valley of the Hever, on which gi-eat care has been bestowed to render it substantial in construction and complete in detail. The materials are of red brick and Howley Park stone, built in Portland cement, with Kentish tiles on the upper story, the framing of the gables, the sashes, iloors and staircase being of oak. The work has been carefully executed by Mr. Richard Durtnell, of Brasted, from the designs of Mr. John Robinson of London.”

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com