1880 – Cemetery Chapel, Tavistock, Devon
The ‘New’ cemetery was given to the people of Tavistock by the 9th Duke of Bedford, and was opened in 1882. It is situated on the outskirts of this ancient market town in a pleasant rural setting. The cemetery Chapel was designed by Henry Clutton, and made of local Dartmoor granite with internal walls and roof of Corsham Down sandstone. It seats 40 to 50 persons. Published in The Building News, May21st & 28th 1880.