1880 – Club Buildings, Glasgow

Architect: Campbell Douglas & Sellars


Perspective View published in The Building News, April 20th 1894. The “New Club” is one of James Sellars’ finest surviving buildings in Glasgow, and features sculpture by William Mossman II. The carvings show figures bearing wheat and a scythe on the left and grapes and wine on the right, symbolising a place of good food and drink. It was renamed James Sellars House in the architect’s honour, in 1981. This building is now offices.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com