Designed as the Residence of H.S. Marriott. “Tms house, as it now stands, is the combined production of five or six architects, the original building having been added to at various times. Our illustration is taken from a drawing in this year’s Royal Academy, and is intended to show the latest addition, that of a new drawing room and school-room, the one at either end of the building, with bedrooms over ; besides these there have” been various alterations in the internal arrangements of the house. The architect is Mr. W. Hay Murray, of Hastings, and the builder is Mr. James Stubberfield, of Ore.” Perspective View including ground plan published in The Building News, September 28th 1881.