Architect: Maurice B. Adams
Perspective view published in The Building News, May 28th 1880. Built for Messrs.Wilcock & Company. Burmantofts Pottery was the common trading name of a manufacturer of ceramic pipes and construction materials, named after the Burmantofts district of Leeds, England. In 1863 the company was renamed Wilcox & Co. In 1879, after a period of expansion, the firm made decorative bricks and tiles in orange or buff-coloured architectural terracotta, glazed bricks, and glazed terracotta (faience). Alfred Waterhouse used their materials in his Yorkshire College (1883) in Leeds.In 1885 products were on sale in London, Paris and Montreal. By 1889 they had commissioned Maurice B. Adams to design stock items for their catalogue. In 1889 Wilcox & Co merged with other companies to found The Leeds Fireclay Co. Ltd.