“This house, of which we give a view to-day of the entrance-front, is the property of Mr. B.W. Currie, and it is picturesquely situated near the road from Wimbledon to Kingston, backed by Coombe wood. The part illustrated was commenced in 1570 to replace portion destroyed by fire the same year, the original structure in the half-timbered style having been built in 1861. Externally, the building is of redbrick, with dressings of Tisbury stsne, medallions of red terra-cotta, and red tiled roof. The builders of the principal portion were Messrs. Myers.” Published in The Building News, July 8 1881.