“This church has been erected by the congregation at a cost of about £7,000. All the money- has been raised by voluntary subscription. The- walls are built of local stone with Polmaise stone dressings, which are carried round the interior of the windows, doors, and arches. Inside they are lined with Jin. red tiles in 4|in. courses, which in the chancel alternate with 9in. belts of alabaster to every two or three courses of tiles. A handsome organ has been subscribed for, and is being fitted up by Conacher, of Huddersfield. The church is to be heated by a system patented by Mr. Cunningham, of Dundee. Mr. James Scott, Broughty Ferry, is the builder, and Mr. Wm. Bruce, the clerk of works. The architect is Mr. R. Anderson, A.R.S.A.” Perspective views from N.E & S.W, interior view & ground plan, as published in The Building News, April 15th 1881.