Architect: J.E.K. Cutts
Largely constructed as designed with the exception of the spire – the tower being capped at the height of the church walls. “This church, designed by Mr. J. Edward K Cutis, of Southampton-street, Strand, is to be built on an addition to the churchyard, and in place of the present modern brick structure, the materials of the old church and of several adjacent cottages being used in the new building. The walls externally are to be of red brick with stone dressings. Internally all wall-spaces will be plastered, with a view to their being decorated, together with the roofs and ceilings, at a future time. The church will seat 500 people.” Published in The Building News, September 9 1881.