Although work started in 1880, the building as illustrated was not completed until 1889. The interior of the building is Victorian Gothic in design. Features that dominate within its structure include the many stained-glass windows. With the exception of the West Window, they are all German glass, made by Meyer of Munich, a well-known supplier in the nineteenth-century, each revealing scenes from the Bible.
“This church is intended for the population brought together by the Aldershot North Camp. The foundation-stone was laid by the Duke of of Connaught on the 26th July, 1880, and the first portion, consisting of nave, chancel, and narthex, was consecrated on the 27th September, 1881. The church, when completed, will seat 583, at a cost of about £5,000. The architect is Mr. J. E. K. Cutis, of LoLdon, and tlic builders Messrs. Martin, Wells, and Co., of Alderehot.” Perspective view including ground plan published in The Building News, November 18th 1881.