“This building, now in course of erection, is being built for the nuns of the Perpetual Adoration, at the cost of the dowager Lady Herries. It is situated on the top of Corbelly-Hill, Maxwell Town, Dumfries. The site is a most beautiful one, being the highest point in the neighbourhood, and commands a view of the country for many miles. It. is built with the local stone, the dressings being polished and the facings rock- faced. The colour of the stone harmonises well with the surrounding scenery. The whole of the church, but only a portion of the convent, is now being built. It has been designed and is being carried out under the superintendence of Messrs. Pugin and Pugin, of Westminster. The contractor is Mr. John Dowlin, of Glasgow ; Mr. Ely is the clerk of works. The illustration we give was in the Royal Academy, but in colour.” Perspective view including ground plan published in The Building News, December 30th 1881.