Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1881 – Polesworth Vicarage, Warwickshire

Architect: John Douglas

0031

“Adjoining the parish-church of Polesworth there were, until recently, a group of buildings, a portion of which had been used for religious purposes, the old pitt being in use a« a maltkiln: the walls of the principal rooms were lined with oak panelling. The site and buildings having been given to the parish, a vicarage house has been built partially of the old materials, a portion of the ancient walls and all the oak panelling being retained. The old roaf over the library or parish-room, which was formerly the refectory, has been preserved and repaired, and the old stone chimney-piece in the room.” Published in The Building News, December 30 1881.