“This church, which we illustrate to-day, is designed in the style of the 13th century, and designed to accommodate 1,200 worshippers. The building consists of chancel, 44ft. by 11Oft., with aisles 20ft. by 14ft., nave, 132ft. by 30ft., aisle, 101ft. by 12ft., and transepts, 25ft. by 26ft. The tower is 27ft. square and 106ft. high to the top of the battlements. Vestries and meeting -rooms are arranged under the east end of the church, and these, in consequence of the fall of the ground, will be well lighted. The approach from the vestries to the church will be by flights of wide steps, on either side of the choir, and these stairs will also be used by the congregation. The estimated cost is about £20,000. Mr. J.P. St. Aubyn is the architect.” As published in The Building News, June 17th 1881.