“The house is built of warm cream-coloured facing stone from Lazouby with Prudham dressings ; the walls are hollow, and are lined on the inside with brick. The joiners’ work to the entertaining rooms, hall, and stair- case on the ground-floor is executed in Danzic oak ; and the rooms on the chamber-floor are pitch-pine throughout. In the dining and drawing-rooms the walnut and oak mantels and over-mantels are noticeable features. They were made by the contractors for the carpenter and joiners’ work, from the designs of the architects, in a first-class manner. The roofs are covered with tiles. The upper portions of windows are filled with painted glass by Messrs. Gibbs and Howard. The pavement, of German tiles, was laid by Mr. L. Oppenheimer, of Manchester ; and the granite concrete floors by Mr. Brash, of Lancaster. Messrs. Beaty Bros, were contractors for masonry, etc. Messrs. W. and H. Davidson for the carpenter and joiners’ work, Mr. Ormerod executed the plastering, Messrs. Hill the painting and glazing, aud Mrs. Johnson, the plumber.s’ work. A lodge and stabling have also been erected. Mr. Allan was clerk of the works. Messrs. Hetherington and Oliver, of Carlisle, were the architects, under whoso superintendence the works have been carried out.” Perspective including ground & 1st floor plans published in The Building News, November 11th 1881.