1884 – Brighton College, New Gateway & Boarding House, Sussex

Architect: T.G. Jackson


Perspective view published in The Building News, December 19th 1884. Construction was stopped, in 1887, at the second floor level of the tower, and a simple hipped roof added. The tower was completed in 2014, largely to Jackson’s original designs with further work by Richard Griffiths Architects.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com