1884 – St. Saviour’s Cathedral, Goulburn, New South Wales
About the size of a large English parish church in “Decorated Gothic”, St. Saviour’s is cruciform, having a nave, transepts with chapels, a choir and a sanctuary. It was intended to build a 60 metre spire at the southeast corner. The first plan for the Cathedral was to build a direct copy of the parish church at Heckington in Lincolnshire – a most florid style of church, and quite the opposite of the “bush-Gothic” of the old St Saviour’s. Blacket was architect of Sydney’s Cathedral of St. Andrew and of the main buildings of Sydney University. He gladly followed the style of Heckington, the most ornate period of English Gothic.