Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1862 – Dublin-Sligo Railway Station, Dromod, Co. Leitrim

Architect: George Wilkinson


The station for the mainline Dublin-Sligo rail route is a grander affair than the local narrow gauge station but still modest in comparison to stations in the larger Irish towns. It has simple cut stone dressings to doorways and windows which show attention to detail and is indicative of good-quality Victorian architecture Designed for the Midland Great Western Railway Co., and opened 3 Dec 1862.

Read previous post:
1887 – Cavan & Leitrim Railway Station, Dromod, Co. Leitrim

Architect: Board of Works A modest station on the local narrow guage railway, this is a fine little Victorian station...