1885 – New Homestead, Clogher Park, Co. Tyrone
Designed for local landowner T.S. Porter esq., published in The Building News, August 28th 1885. Clogher Park was formerly Clogher Palace, the residence of the Church of Ireland bishops of Clogher. The house has a centre block of three storeys over a high basement, with lower wings. The entrance front, which stands off the main street, has an enclosed portico of fluted columns. The garden front (above), which overlooks the demesne, consists of six bays in the central block, which has a lofty, arcaded basement. Now a nursing home.
T.S. Porter was a local landowner who purchased the place and was enthusiastic about improving farming practices, being sometimes employed as an Inspector of the Department of Agriculture.