Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1888 – Cardinal MacCabe Memorial, Glasnevin, Dublin

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architect: G.C. Ashlin

0010

cemetary_tomb

Designed by George Coppinger Ashlin to upstage the recently completed church by J.J. McCarthy who was his main rival for Irish church commissions. The effigy of the cardinal is by Sir Thomas Farrell with the carving by Charles Harrison.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

More in Architecture of Dublin City
1810s – Fitzwilliam Street, Dublin

Twelve early 19th century Georgian houses that were demolished by the ESB in the early 1960s to build a new headquarters by Stephenson Gibney & Associates. The architect Sam Stephenson...

Close