Architect: William H. Thorp
The architect William Henry Thorp was born in Leeds in 1852 and was articled to A M Fowler, Leeds Borough Surveyor. He commenced practice on his own account in 1876 and in the 1890 merged it with that of George Francis Danby. Thorp was responsible for the design of secular buildings and Danby for ecclesiastical buildings. The partnership was dissolved in 1902. Illustration published in The Building News, April 16th 1886.