Published in The Architect, March 5th 1886: “This house has lately been built for Mr. Enoch Horton, a well-known Staffordshire ironmaster. The exterior walls are built with a 2-inch cavity of local bricks; the strings, cornices, and other mouldings being of moulded bricks supplied by the Adderley Park Brick Company, near Birmingham. The gables are of solid framed timber, coated with Stockholm tar, the spaces filled in with plastering in which hydraulic lime was used. The roofs are covered with brownish-red local tiles. The cost, including coach-houses, hackney and carthorse stables, and other outbuildings, and large rosery and greenhouse was about 6,000. The architect is Mr. Jethro A. Cossins of Birmingham; the builders, Messrs W. trow & Sons of Wednesbury.