Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1890 – Notre Dame Du Portage Church, Kenora, Ontario

Architect: Senecal & Papineau

church_lge

church2_lge

Founded in 1890, on Christmas Eve 1914 fire totally destroyed the interior, leaving only the granite walls standing. Within the space of a year the parishioners had the church rebuilt and renewed by adding a transept and a full basement carved out of its solid granite foundations. Since that a further extension has been built on to the church in the style of and presumably by the architect of the adjacent presbytery.