“The site is a very fine one in the best part of the New Road Avenue, immediately adjoining the New Victoria Park and recreation ground. The church will have accommodation for 780 on the ground floor and in the galleries. The organ- chamber will be behind the rostrum, the key- board of the organ forming the lower part of the rostrum front in the centre, the choir being placed on the platform. The floors of vestibules and staircases will be of mosaic, floors of aisles will be laid with polished maple blocks on concrete. The whole of the internal fittings are to be of varnished pitch – pine. Externally, the church will be faced with squared Kent rag stone, with Monk’s Park dressings, the roofs covered with red plain tiles. The building is to be heated by high-pressure hot water. The total cost, including the manse, will be about £6,000. The architect is Mr. George E. Bond, of Rochester.” Front perspective view including plan published in The Building News, July 15th 1898.