1891 – St. Stanislaus Church, Pittsburgh

Architect: Frederick Sauer

st_stanislaus_church_lge

Designed by Pittsburgh architect Frederick Sauer, St. Stanislaus Kostka Church was constructed in 1891. The congregation was formed in 1873 when 200 Polish families banded together to form the St. Stanislaus Kostka Beneficial Society. The availability of unskilled mill jobs in Pittsburgh in the late 19th century attracted a flood of immigrants from southern and eastern Europe.

Latest News

September 26, 2016: ‘Sustaining the Industrial Heritage” – Annual Maura Shaffrey Memorial Lecture
September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com