Designed by Albert E. Murray, this former Boy’s Home is now a backpackers hostel and still well maintained. The original aims of the charity were to “afford comfortable and healthy lodgings at cheap rates for boys who were earning their bread”. Purpose built as a hostel for boys, this fine building at the top of Lord Edward Street adjacent to Christ Church Cathedral has four floors of accommodation over several retail units. The retails units still possess their original facades which are integrated into large brick arches. The building has much decorative work around the windows, notably the windows over the main entrance and on the gables at the top of the building. The interior has a fine wooden staircase. Published in The Building News, July 3rd 1891.