1892 – Municipal Buildings, Oxford
Perspective View to St. Aldate’s Street including ground & 1st floor plans. Selected Design by H.T. Hare as published in The Building News, July 8th 1892. The first Guildhall was built on the site in 1292. This was replaced by a Town Hall in 1752, built by Isaac Ware, which was demolished in 1893 to make way for the current building. Following a design competition, the present winning Gothic Revival design was by Henry Thomas Hare.