1896-1924 – Basilique St Martin, Tours, Indre-et-Loire, France
Built over the tomb of St Martin, the basilica is much smaller that its predessor which was destroyed at the end of the 18th century. Two towers remain of this earlier church – Charlemagne’s Tower and the Clock Tower. The interior of the church has not been interfered with post Vatican II and is as designed. The crypt of the church contains a shrine to the saint featuring carved dedications from grateful believers.