In 1894-5 a new workhouse was built in Mildenhall to replace an older one. The new buildings comprised a T-shaped main block, two storeys high, with women’s accommodation at the east, and men’s at the west. A small side-wing at the west side contained boys’ and married couples’ accommodation. A central wing at the centre contained the dining-hall and kitchen. A separate infirmary stood at the north of the site. Demolished.