Designed as the nurses’ home for Royal City of Dublin Hospital on nearby Baggot Street, this is now a hotel.
“This is being erected in St. Mary’s-road, the recreation ground of the Royal City of Dublin Hospital, Dublin. It will be remembered that the foundation stone of this home was laid on April 9, 1900, by H.R.H. Princess Christian of Schleswig-Holstein. It will accommodate thirty nurses, each having, not a cubicle, but a separate room and window. Partitions between the rooms are formed by the wardrobes and toilet arrangements, besides sleeping accommodation. There is on ground floor a large hall, an office, separate bedroom and sitting-room for matron, and a dining-room and large recreation-room for the nurses. Rooms are approached from a central well staircase, which is fireproof.” Published in The Building News, January 25 1901.