1898 – St. Marnocks, Co. Dublin
Originally a Georgian house which was remodelled and extended by the Jameson family (of the distillary). Due to the family’s Scottish origins, the commission was given to Sir Robert Lorimer, and this remains his only work in Ireland. The exterior is restrained, but the interior is ornately decorated with plasterwork and marquetry. Throughout there are fine marble fireplaces. Published in The Builder, February 12th 1898.