Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1899 – Queens Cross Church, Glasgow

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architect: Charles Rennie Mackintosh

Queens Cross Church, Glasgow - Photograph Copyright 2005 Dave Souza

Queen’s Cross Church was started in 1896 by the Free Church of Scotland as St Mathew’s Church. It was designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh, who was at that time working as an employee of Honeyman & Keppie. Although he designed an Anglican Cathedral for Liverpool, as part of a competition, it was never built, so St Mathew’s was the only Mackintosh church to be completed.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone