1899 – St. Mary’s Cathedral, Fargo, North Dakota

Architect: Bassford & Company



Designed by Bassford & Company of Minneapolis, the building work was supervised by the local Hancock brothers. Construction started in 1891 and was halted by the Fargo fire, it was only completed in 1899, and until 1917 was the only Roman Catholic church in Fargo. The interior is remarkably airy and bright with some graceful columns and good quality stained glass.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com