1900 – Stratford City Hall, Ontario
Designed by prominent Toronto architect George King and local architect John Wilson Sidall to a Neo-Jacobean design, this red brick building with sandstone trim and a St. Mary’s limestone plinth was fitted to an irregular triangular site. The two side and apex façades are similar in design using a variety of round and square-headed windows with decorated gables that pierce the line of the eaves at regular intervals. The entrance comprises a double door under a semi-circular arch with banded voussoirs, flanked by pilasters supporting decorative strap work. The building is distinguished by a hexagonal clock tower. The building was designated a National Historic Site in 1976. In 1982, the City of Stratford designated City Hall under the Ontario Heritage Act.