Architect: Hugh McCowan
The original Brandon College building was completed in 1901. It was designed by Winnipeg architect Hugh McCowan (1841-1908). Although resembling other educational structures being constructed in Winnipeg during this period, Brandon College was larger. Built of locally produced brick and Manitoba limestone, this imposing edifice displays a handsome Romanesque tower with graceful arches and small turrets at each corner.