Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1901 – Cape Byron Lighthouse, New South Wales, Australia

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architect: Charles Harding

The Cape Byron Lighthouse is Australia’s most easterly light being situated on the most easterly point of the mainland. It is also Australia’s most powerful Lighthouse. It is built in the style of James Barnet, the New South Wales colonial architect by his successor Charles Harding. Barnet’s work is recognisable for having large ornate crowns and are easily distinguished.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

Read previous post:
1851 – St. Francis Xavier Church, Berrima, New South Wales

Architect: Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin This is Pugin's only intact and essentially unaltered building in Australia. In its layout and...

Close