1901 – Sligo Post Office, Co. Sligo

Architect: Board of Works

post office02_lge

A fine post office with shallow, bow-fronted end bays with beautiful banded brick. Above the pedimented doorway inscriptions read ‘ Post Office’ and E 1901 R’. The handsome red brick and ashlar limestone exterior is very much of the Board of Works oeuvre of this time, but the bow-fronted bays are a pleasing departure.

Latest News

September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30
September 21, 2016: Grafton Architects to receive IDI President’s Choice Award


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com