Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1904 – Plains Art Museum, Fargo, North Dakota

Architect: Hammel Green & Abrahamson



This 1904 building (previously the International Harvester Building) was renovated in 1996 to house the Plains Art Musuem. Typical of warehouses of the period, the structure is of heavy timber with a heavy masonry exterior. The building had an attractive yet low-key entrance added during the renovations by Hammel Green & Abrahamson of Minneapolis.

Read previous post:
1900 – Johnsons Block, Fargo, North Dakota

Architect: Jacob Friedlander A fine smaller building that once housed a well-known local bicycle shop. Worthy of note is the...