“The first stone of this church was laid on Oct. 2 by the Bishop of Dover. It is situated in the outlying district of the Birkbeck estate. When completed the church will accommodate 734 persons. The walls are to be extemally and internally of stock bricks, relieved by red brick, except above the string-course, which is to be plastered. The roofs are open trusses, to be covered with slates. The present contract is for the chancel, chapel, organ-chamber, and vestries only. The architect is Mr. Arnold H. Hoole, and the contractor is Mr. F. W. Green, of Beckenham-road.” The Building News, November 10 1899.