Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1907 – Burtons Department Store, Edinburgh

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architect: Sir John James Burnet

burtons_lge

Scotland’s first steel framed building, this is a fine corner building originally built as a department store for Burtons. It is still in use as commercial premises but subdivided into smaller units.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

Read previous post:
1901 – Standard Life Assurance, Edinburgh

Architect: J.M. Dick Peddie Elegant corner building which is now part of a larger office campus for Standard Life Assurance....

Close