Architect: Darling & Pearson
Designed by Toronto architects Darling & Pearson, the former Bank of Nova Scotia was the first bank to be erected away from “Banker’s Row” on Main Street. The building is also known as the A.A. Heaps Building, in recognition of the 1919 General Strike leader, Alderman and Member of Parliament. The Baroque style façade is terracotta manufactured in England and hung on a steel frame. The main rotunda features Caen stone and elaborate plaster designs. There is an elaborate interior banking hall, still largely intact.